If you have been placed on the shielding list and don't know why, please look on the following link:
If you are a member of the public with a question about COVID-19 Population Risk Assessment that is not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE SURGERY ENQUIRING REGARDING THE COVID-19 VACCINATION.
WE ARE CURRENTLY WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY DATES.
WE WILL CONTACT PATIENTS IN DUE COURSE & WE WILL CONTACT PATIENTS INTURN WHO ARE ELIGIBLE AS PER THE GOVERNMENT & NHS GUIDELINES.
WE ARE UNABLE TO MOVE PATIENTS UP IN THE GROUPING LISTS.
Westside Medical Centre - COVID-19 Pandemic Response
Please see the Covid 19 tab below for information regarding the vaccine
In response to the ongoing corona virus, COVID-19 pandemic, the guidance and our response to guidance is constantly changing. Please keep visiting the website for the latest guidance.
From the 10th March 2020 we will be triaging all requests for appointments. WE ARE NOT CLOSED.
As part of the measures to reduce the risk of transmission of any possible COVID-19 infection we are trying hard to minimise face-to-face consultations where possible. This will mean we are increasing the proportion of clinical work done by other methods, such as over the telephone. We are aiming to implement a video-consulting service in the near future to assist in this new way of working.
The practice is STILL OPEN and we are continuing to triage patients by telephone. At present we are not booking any appointments for non-urgent problems, we will be regularly reviewing this and ask that you keep checking our website for updates.
It would help us enormously if you:-
- Do not contact the surgery unless absolutely necessary
- Do NOT ring us to confirm the government’s advice. We will not offer you a different answer.
- Do check all online resources for answers to your question before ringing us - most information can be found at either https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ or https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Do NOT ring asking for advice on what to do IF you catch COVID-19.
- We cannot offer individual advice on decisions to self -isolate. Please refer to the government guidance links above.
- If you are self-isolating then you can print your own self-isolation note by following this link https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
- Do not contact to request testing. There is currently no testing being done apart from those patients that have been hospitalised.
For advice on Social Distancing please follow this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults
If you have a corona virus query that has not been answered above or by visiting the websites detailed above, please email the query, along with your name and date of birth to email@example.com and we will aim to repsond to your email within 2 working days.
Please note the surgery NO longer uses a triage system, please call the surgery at 8.30am for a same day appointment. Once all appointments have be filled for the day you will be asked to call back the following day at 8.30am. The receptionist will be able to sign post you to a suitable service if required.
Prescription Requests - we are not accepting these over the telephone. Please contact the POD (Prescriptions Ordering Direct) on 02476 246072. There may be a longer than normal wait for them to answer, but please be patient, remain on the line and they will get to you. If you are unable to get through to them as the lines are very busy, text them on 07903 586972 with the words 'REPEAT WESTSIDE' and the POD staff will call you back within 2 working days to arrange the prescription for you.
(Site updated 22/02/2021)